This superb Laguiole oyster knife with its handle made of recycled oyster shells will allow you to position your thumb as close as possible to the tip of the blade to insert it between the two oyster shells. How to open an oyster :
1. Place the oyster in your hand, point or hinge, towards you. Knife in hand, (one centimeter from the tip) place it at the level of 2/3 of the oyster length.
2. Insert the knife between the shells.
3. Cut the muscle that holds the two sides of the shells together.
4. Lift the top shell with your thumb and loosen the flesh from the top of the shell with the knife.
5. Remove the top shell and drain the first water.
6. Arrange the oysters on a platter and enjoy!