28 Pièces Laguiole en Aubrac Cutlery set – Mixed Horns – Mineral Stone – Deer Antler
Made to order, we invit you to select according to your preference the handle of your cutlery set of 28 piece: Mixed Horns (Horn tip, Buffalo horn tip, buffalo horn crust, Ram horn, Deer antler, Beef bone) – Mineral Stone (Turquoise, Malachite, Larimar) – Deer Antler (Shiny or Satin finish). For the first time we are offering these variants with particularly exceptional and rare handle materials for sale to order on the site.
Laguiole en Aubrac® is a manufacture distinguished by the French label “Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant“, a mark of recognition of the French State, put in place to reward French firms for the excellence of their traditional and industrial know-how, and “Made in Aveyron” by the Aveyronnais label confirming the authentic origin of this area in French countryside : Aveyron.
- 100% crafted by hand in Aubrac, France, home of the genuine Laguiole knives.
- Full tang stainless steel cutlery with handle of your choice : 5 Mixed Horns and Bone – Mineral Stone – Deer Antler.
- The polishing of the cutlery is completely shiny, handles and metal parts.
- Extremely sharp blade made of stainless steel 12C27MOD.
- On all of our models, the bee is finely chiseled.
- Full tang metal parts extends the full length of the grip-portion of the handle.
The process of creating handmade knives is a long one, and it’s what sets Laguiole en Aubrac apart from the crowd. Made by a single craftsman in the historic Aubrac region of France, these flatware sets carry a legacy of tradition that dates back to 1829.
Sharpened, hardened, assembled, and finished by hand, every piece in the set is a work of art.The handles are crafted from gorgeous premium horns known for hardness, and texture.The stainless steel is polished to a mirror finish, like you’ll find on all of our iconic steak knives.
The elements of your Laguiole Cutlery set 28-piece :
- 6 Steak knives. Length: 23.5 cm/9″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, blade 11.5 cm/4.3″). Weight: +/- 100 gr./3.5 oz.
- 6 Forks. Length: 22 cm/8.7″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, head of the fork 10 cm/3.93″). Weight: +/- 100 gr./3.5 oz.
- 6 Soup spoons. Length: 22 cm/8.7″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, head of the spoon 10 cm/3.93″). Weight: +/- 100 gr./3.5 oz.
- 6 Dessert spoons. Length: 17 cm/6.7″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, head of the spoon 5 cm/1.9″). Weight: +/- 65 gr./2.3 oz.
- Carving set with knife and fork : fork length: 32 cm/12.6″. Knife length: 31 cm/12.2″. handle 12 cm /4.7″.
- Cheese set with knife and fork : fork length: 26 cm/10.2″. Handle 11.5 cm/4.3″. Knife length: 24.5 cm/9.4″. handle 12 cm /4.7″.
NB: When ordering two cutlery set, we will contact you to suggest to replace a cheese set with a bread knife and the carving knife with salad server set. You will thus have an enlarged range of our products, without duplication.
- More detailed information on the materials of all our products: origins and characteristics of our handle materials.
- Hand wash only.
- Delivered in a superb box with certificate of origin/authenticity and lifetime manufacturer guarantee from Laguiole en Aubrac®.
Mixed Horns & Bone Flatware set 28-Piece :
Horn Tip Handle
Buffalo Crust Handle:
Ram Horn :
Deer Antler Handle:
Beef Bone Handle:
Shiny or Satin Deer Antler Flatware set of 28-Piece
Deer antler is a robust and rough material very popular with hunters for its authentic and rustic appearance. Giving this rough handle a strong character. Its shiny polish changes this material usually reserved for connoisseurs, which we find rather satin. Initially, deer shed their antlers every year, shortly after the rut, and then grow back a few months later. Fallen antlers are eaten by porcupines and other rodents, if they are not picked up by humans. This is why it is not easy to find antlers in the forests.
Turquoise Stone Flatware set 28-Piece
Turquoise is a semi precious stone / gem. Its handle is easily identifiable with its famous blue color with variable intensity. It is frequently mottled with veins of the matrix (or bedrock). Since the dawn of time, it has been a sacred stone in Egypt, Persia, Tibet and many other civilizations. The assembly of this material requires know-how and dexterity because any stone is friable during the cutting process. However, it has a pleasant texture in addition to the iconic characteristic of this stone.
Larimar stone Flatware set 28-Piece
Larimar is a semi precious stone / gem. Its provenance is unique in the world: it can only be extracted in the Dominican Republic. Its light blue color with fine white streaks is easily recognizable. We sometimes find other colors such as red and green in small touches, iron residues. Not to be confused with Turquoise which has a more pronounced blue. These stones allow the creation of very beautiful jewelry, but it is possible to find them on the handles of table knives, folding knives, and sommeliers. The polishing of these Steak knives will always be shiny.