28 Pièces Laguiole en Aubrac Cutlery set : Woods of France
Laguiole en Aubrac® is a manufacture distinguished by the French label “Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant“, a mark of recognition of the French State, put in place to reward French firms for the excellence of their traditional and industrial know-how, and “Made in Aveyron” by the Aveyronnais label confirming the authentic origin of this area in French countryside : Aveyron.
- 100% crafted by hand in Aubrac, France, home of the genuine Laguiole knives.
- Full tang stainless steel cutlery with handle made of 6 French woods: Walnut, Apple, Juniper, Boxwood, Olivier, Plum.
- The polishing of the cutlery is : shiny on the top of the metal parts. Satin on the handle.
- Extremely sharp blade made of stainless steel 12C27MOD.
- On all of our models, the bee is finely chiseled.
- Shepherds cross on all steak knives handles.
- Full tang metal parts extends the full length of the grip-portion of the handle.
6 French woods (Walnut, Apple, Juniper, Boxwood, Olivier, Plum)
- Walnut is a heterogeneous wood growing in all temperate regions of the globe. It can reach a height of 25 meters, varying in color from light brown to dark brown with black veins. Its wood is highly appreciated by cabinet makers. It has been used since the renaissance in the manufacture of furniture.
- Apple wood is sometimes veined with reddish brown. It is a hard, dense and heavy wood, very pleasant, often worked in turning. Its fine grain allows a perfect finish.
- Juniper is a fragrant wood also known as Cade. It is of Provencal or Mediterranean origin. Well known for its smell, it has always been burnt in sticks, shavings and powder. Its berries are fragrant and are used in cooking.
- Boxwood is an excellent, particularly resistant wood. It is yellow in color sometimes veined with brown, hard, very high density, very fine grain, taking a nice polish.
- Olive is a wood native to the Mediterranean basin, highly sought after for its pretty, easily recognizable grain.
- Plum is a very red, fairly soft wood with purple veins between heart and sapwood.
The process of creating handmade knives is a long one, and it’s what sets Laguiole en Aubrac apart from the crowd. Made by a single craftsman in the historic Aubrac region of France, these flatware sets carry a legacy of tradition that dates back to 1829.
Sharpened, hardened, assembled, and finished by hand, every piece in the set is a work of art.The handles are crafted from gorgeous premium woods from France known for hardness, and texture.The stainless steel is polished to a mirror finish, like you’ll find on all of our iconic steak knives.
The elements of your Laguiole Cutlery 28 piece set :
- 6 Steak knives. Length: 23.5 cm/9″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, blade 11.5 cm/4.3″). Weight: +/- 100 gr./3.5 oz.
- 6 Forks. Length: 22 cm/8.7″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, head of the fork 10 cm/3.93″). Weight: +/- 100 gr./3.5 oz.
- 6 Soup spoons. Length: 22 cm/8.7″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, head of the spoon 10 cm/3.93″). Weight: +/- 100 gr./3.5 oz.
- 6 Dessert spoons. Length: 17 cm/6.7″ (handle 12 cm/4.7″, head of the spoon 5 cm/1.9″). Weight: +/- 65 gr./2.3 oz.
- Carving set with knife and fork : fork length: 32 cm/12.6″. Knife length: 31 cm/12.2″. handle 12 cm /4.7″.
- Cheese set with knife and fork : fork length: 26 cm/10.2″. Handle 11.5 cm/4.3″. Knife length: 24.5 cm/9.4″. handle 12 cm /4.7″.
NB: When ordering two cutlery set, we will contact you to suggest to replace a cheese set with a bread knife and the carving knife with salad server set. You will thus have an enlarged range of our products, without duplication.
- More detailed information on the materials of all our products: origins and characteristics of our handle materials.
- Hand wash only.
- Delivered in a superb box with certificate of origin/authenticity and lifetime manufacturer guarantee from Laguiole en Aubrac®.