Laguiole cheese knife Design: Le Buron – Handle: Juniper – Olive wood – Walnut – Ebony
This Laguiole designer cheese knife “le Buron” is the fruit of a successful collaboration between designer Benjamin Auzier and Laguiole en Aubrac, it sits straight on the table. A mix of modernity and authenticity. A wide and stable handle, a curved and frank blade: a strong personality for this atypical knife packaged in a beautiful wooden box. It is available in wood of your choice: Olivier, Juniper, Walnut, Wenge or black Ebony.
Why the name “Buron”?
A “buron” is a stone building, covered with slate, found on “mountains”, high-altitude pastures that valley breeders own and operate on a seasonal basis in the mountains of Cantal, Aubrac… They are used to house the production of cheese: the cantal, the laguiole or fourme d’Aubrac or the saint-nectaire during the summer pastures (from mid-May to mid-October), and to house the ‘buronniers’.
Laguiole en Aubrac® is distinguished by the French label “Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant“, a mark of recognition of the French State, put in place to reward French firms for the excellence of their traditional and industrial know-how, and “Made in Aveyron” by the Aveyronnais label confirming the authentic origin of the countryside area: Aveyron.
- 100% crafted by hand in Aubrac, France, home of the genuine Laguiole knives.
- Full tang stainless steel blade.
- Handle of your choice : Ebony, Olivewood, Wenge, Juniper, Wanut wood.
- More info on all our handle materials on the page of our dedicated guide!
- Total length of the knife: 29 cm/11.5″. Blade 13 cm/5.1″. Weight: 165gr./5.8 oz.
- Hand wash only and dry immediately.
- Delivered in a oak presentation box with certificate of origin/authenticity and lifetime guarantee.
*NB: Please note that the model photo is representative but does not certify that you will have these exact ribs and colors due to the 100% natural origin of the handle materials.