Laguiole en Aubrac bread knife and acacia cutting board – Gift box
Accompanied by a cutting board (hollowed out to collect the bread crumbs) in acacia wood, these serrated bread knives are made handcrafted by the famous high-end manufacture located in the area of origin: Laguiole en Aubrac®. Workshop distinguished by the status of the label “Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant“, and “Made in Aveyron” by the Aveyronnais label.
‘Laguiole knife was born in 1829 in Laguiole, in a small mountain village in Aveyron (southwest France), the humble farmer knife. The famous bee, the symbol of quality and prestige that adorns the of the blade makes it the most famous knife in France but also the most counterfeit. Make sure you buy a Laguiole en Aubrac knife, thus ensuring a guarantee on its origin, as well as a lifetime guarantee against any manufacturing defect.’
Laguiole bread knife and acacia cutting board in a gift box
- Crafted by hand in France.
- The knife is crafted to order from serrated stainless steel blade with handle of your choice : Horn tip, Buffalo Horn tip. Wood: Wenge, Juniper, Thuya, Pistachio, Ebony, Olive, Snakewood, Walnut, Boxwood*.
- More info on all our handle materials on the page of our dedicated guide!
- Weight: Each knife +/- 150gr. Length: 31cm. Blade length: 13cm.
- The board is crafted from acacia wood +/- 750gr. Length: 46 cm. Width: 15 cm. Thickness: 4.5 cm.
- The traditional bee on the top of the handle.
- Hand wash only and dry immediately.
- Presented as a set of two in a Laguiole gift box.
NB: Please note that the model photo is representative but does not certify that you will have these exact ribs and colors due to the 100% natural origin of the handle materials.
Bread knife metal elements: Bolsters – Plates – Blade
- Its micro serrated blade, plates and its two 12C27MOD stainless steel bolsters come from our Forge located in Montézic about twenty kilometers from the famous village of Laguiole.
- The bee is on the top of the handle. Plates encircle the full tang blade, a technical term explaining the extension of the blade within the handle, a guarantee of excellent manufacturing quality, allowing assembly between the handle and the blade.