Laguiole en Aubrac Butter Knife classic shape – Handle of your Choice : Horn or Wood.
Butter knife or spreader? The terms are different, but the usage is the same! We suggest that you select the material of the sleeves according to your preference. They are handcrafted by the famous high-end manufacture located in the area of origin: Laguiole en Aubrac®. Made to order, you can choose the material you want for the handles among all the available materials below : Horn tip, Buffalo Horn tip. Wood: Wenge, Juniper, Thuya, Pistachio, Ebony, Olive, Snakewood, Boxwood.
Laguiole en Aubrac® is distinguished by the French label “Entreprise du Patrimoine Vivant“, a mark of recognition of the French State, put in place to reward French firms for the excellence of their traditional and industrial know-how, and “Made in Aveyron” by the Aveyronnais label confirming the authentic origin of the countryside area: Aveyron.
‘Laguiole knife was born in 1829, in a small mountain village in Aveyron (southwest France), the humble farmer knife. The famous bee, the symbol of quality and prestige that adorns the of the blade makes it the most famous knife in France but also the most counterfeit. Make sure you buy a Laguiole en Aubrac knife, thus ensuring a guarantee on its origin, as well as a lifetime guarantee against any manufacturing defect.’
- Crafted by hand in Aubrac, France, home of the genuine Laguiole knives.
- Full tang stainless steel blade with handle of your choice : Horn tip, Buffalo Horn tip, Pressed horn. Wood: Wenge, Juniper, Thuya, Pistachio, Ebony, Olive, Snakewood, Wenge.
- More info on all our handle materials on the page of our dedicated guide!
- Length: 18 cm/7″ (handle 10 cm/3.93″, blade 8 cm/3.15). Weight +/- 70 gr/2.47 oz.
- The traditional bee on the top of the handle.
- Hand wash only and dry immediately.
- Delivered in a cardboard box with certificate of origin/authenticity and lifetime guarantee.
*NB: Please note that the model photo is representative but does not certify that you will have these exact ribs and colors due to the 100% natural origin of the handle materials.